Tuesday, March 29, 2016

All About Her Successful Career


Tammy Walz- started my career as a volunteer at the age of 16 as a Summer Camp Counselor in the YMCA,after graduating Frostburg State University, Western MD. I went on to a professional position as a Program Director, working my way through the YMCA positions was a CEO at the age of 30 completing a startup YMCAin Bowling Green , KY, I have worked as the CEO of YMCA for over 10 years in multi facility organizations to singular facilities. I had a chance to continue my passion for people and youth at the Boys and Girls Clubs as the CEO for over 13 years in various communities with the true essences of my position’s being partnerships, collaboration’s, Fund development. Relationships with the community has been a key to my success either through Corporate Friends, Civic Organizers and individuals that care about the organization. Been recognized by the Chamber of Commerce for Appreciation of Service in two different Cities. Sedona and Oceanside. 

Been an active member of Chamber of Commerce Board member, Rotarian, and volunteer Lacrosse coach for El Camino High School. Facts: Turned around 2 non profits from deficit to having positive assets. Grew BGC of Oceanside by 300% average daily attendance from 1 facility to 14, Completed a renovation in Oceanside 50 year old building to exterior and interior complete renovations 1 million dollars in room dedications. Gala’s with net proceeds of over 80k. Golf Ball Drop/Golf tournament with proceeds of 250k Individuals giving in one year…raised over 300k with a matching gift in addition to the Board/volunteer support Personally, I have a 9 year old son that I participate in mountain biking, hiking and outdoor adventures. I am currently writing a childrens book with the help of my son, “The Adventures of Cooper and Charlie, Friends, brothers, secret agents” Cooper and Charlie are our Labradors. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment